Friday, February 1, 2008

When something feels different

A small win for me occurred this morning, and I had to share.

So I have this really gorgeous silk sweater set from Ann Taylor (size XL) that was handed down to me from a neighbor who claims it was "too big in the shoulders" for her. So yeah, she gave me her fat clothes, but whatever. It's really pretty, really comfortable, and it was more money than I would have spent on it, i'm sure.

I decided to wear it to work today. It's never been uncomfortable to wear. It's got quite a bit of give to it. But this morning, I put the shell of it on, and it felt different. It's the first article of clothing I have put on where I've felt a difference this month.

What a GOOD feeling. And what good motivation to keep going!

I'm planning to try on the Old Navy jeans later tonight that I bought after Christmas. I didn't try them on because they were a different color, but the same size and cut as a pair I bought after Thanksgiving that were fitting me perfectly. So I walked in there, saw a sale on jeans, and picked out size 16 in "the sweetheart" cut and took them home.

Well these puppies were SKIN tight on me on December 27th. And instead of taking them back, I made a vow to get into them. I think i'm going to try them on later tonight and see where i'm at. In other news, I AM noticing a difference today, also, in the size 16 grey slacks I bought the same night I bought those jeans. So different, in fact, that in another month, I may need to buy new pants altogether!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

WOOT!! HORRAH to new fitting clothes!

Wei Sic Meow said...

Yay! Good for you. That is definitely one of the best feelings and a great way to measure your progress when you get into smaller new clothes.