Monday, February 11, 2008

Week Six Update

After a gain last week, I was hoping to see a loss on the scale this week. And I did. Only one pound, but I'll take it!

Here's a recap of my habits this week:

Things I did well:
I worked out four times this week (yay me!)
I drank LOTS of water
I got lots of sleep
I planned my meals well, for the most part.

Things that probably held me back:
Chris and I ate out Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Friday and Saturday nights were tricky - Friday we went out with my parents (their choice) to an AWFUL place, where I ordered a salad with grilled chicken. The chicken was good, but the salad was nasty, and I wound up eating about half a plate of my Dad's fries with the chicken.
Saturday we went to an awards dinner and I didn't make the best choices. It started out well with some pasta and veggies, and I wound up eating two eggrolls along with it. I completely regretted it afterwards. I could feel the grease just sitting in my stomach.

Today begins a new week though! I've got my hopes high for more success. I just have to watch myself with lunches out twice this week, and dinner (and probably breakfast and lunch the next day) out with girlfriends in Columbus on Friday/Saturday. I'm hoping to get my act together Thursday night to cut up some fruit and bring fruit, yogurt and granola to share for breakfast - I'll look like a thoughtful and organized person, but my motive will be for my own health - I don't think there's anything wrong with that!

No comments: