Sunday, February 3, 2008

Oops!

Well I had a tricky day of eating yesterday. I really did set out to moderate well, and it just didn't end up that way. Chris and I were entertaining a crew from his office last night in celebration of his boss' promotion, and a farewell for him, as he moves to a new office. It was really fun.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday (and hadn't planned to, either), because we got up at 8am, and started getting the house ready with a good deep cleaning. God it feels so nice and clean in here right now! I made some food. I let Chris suggest the menu, since it was his party. So I made skyline dip (it's a Cincinnati thing - Cream Cheese, Skyline Chili and Cheddar cheese warmed and served with tortilla chips), pizza bread with mozzarella, romano, pepperoni, baby portobella mushrooms, red pepper and green onion; chex mix, and a caramel apple dip with apples.

His coworker, Amanda, brought a fruit try and a veggie tray, as well as saugage-cheese balls. And of course, lots of beverages of the alcoholic variety.

Yesterday just happened to be a day that my gastro issues got the best of me. And I felt really bad all day. I did eat, but every time I did, it made me feel worse. By the time our guests started to arrive, I had gotten the chance to lay down for a bit, and I was feeling MUCH better. And at that point i was starving. So i can't say that I "counted" a thing yesterday, so I'm not sure where that's going to put me when i weigh in tomorrow. I had a piece of the pizza bread, two sausage-cheese balls, veggies, fruit, a little apple dip, two chocolate chip cookies (oh boy, were they yum!), two glasses of wine, and a beer.

I'm not going to sweat it though. I had a night where I just didn't worry about it too much. I'm going to get back on the horse and go to the gym today. And I'm going to try really hard tonight to portion myself at the superbowl party we're attending. I know I can have a blast and just stay away from the food!

No comments: