Monday, January 7, 2008

Week One

My friend Sarah asked me to participate in a weight loss challenge with some friends last week, and I figured what the heck!

I weighed in last Wednesday morning, and weigh ins will be due every Monday.

It was a pretty good week. On Thursday night, I met my old boss for dinner at a bar. I had one beer. I chose a beer i'd like instead of two light beers that I wouldn't like. I had eaten wisely for breakfast and lunch to ensure that dinner wouldn't be a big problem. This place only serves burritos and quesadillas.

I chose the Black and Tan burrito - rice, black beans and pinto beans in a tortilla. I had 5-6 chips with Queso, which I couldn't resist. I ate half of the burrito and asked them to take the rest away immediately.

Saturday we went for Mexican with our neighbors. I really wanted to resist going, and stay home for a healthy meal, but we got sucked in. Everyone's doing it, you know.

I did alright. I ordered what they called the Mexican Salad, which was just iceberg, grilled chicken breast, tomatoes, jalapenos, green peppers and chihuaua cheese. I mixed the ranch with some of the salsa and had it on the side. What killed me there was the chips. I resisted the urge for margaritas though!

So this morning on weigh in (after 5 days), i lost two pounds.

I'm pretty happy with that!! Yay me! Back to the gym tonight.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yeah for a loss! I am a sucker for good chips and Mexican food in general.