Saturday, January 19, 2008

updating

i've been playing around with the templates tonight. i'm still not feeling it though. oh if only i wasn't cursed with design snobbery sometimes.  :)

we hit up two parties tonight. i did pretty well food-wise. i resisted all food at the first party, and just had a beer. when we got to the second party at 10:30, i was pretty hungry, since we had pizza for dinner, and i had two small pieces, trying to eat in moderation. I did okay though. I had a handful of carrots, some pineapple, about 4 tortilla chips with reuben or artichoke dip on them, and one glass of wine.

i had a pretty solid workout today though, and i'm planning to go back tomorrow morning. it feels goooooood to work my way up on those machines. i'm up to 40 mins at level 4 on the elliptical machines, and just increased my upper body weights to 50lbs per machine. Tomorrow i'm going for 50 minutes on the elliptical, lower body weights, and pilates tomorrow night at home.

I'm really beginning to value my workouts as "me" time. It's my time alone with good music and my own thoughts to sort out things, or just daydream a little.

I cheated today and stepped on the scale, fully clothed this morning with slippers on. i was at the same weight as last Monday. I'm pretty sure i'll at least see a one or two pound loss this week, and any loss is good with me!

I also have Monday off for MLK day. I'm really looking forward to the afternoon to spend time at the gym when i suspect it will be at its' slowest.

No comments: