Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Temptation Week!

It's no surprise to most women to hear from another that when PMS hits, so do food cravings. This week has been hard. I've done pretty well so far. Monday, wasn't the best day, mainly because I skipped dinner and snacked on a WW ice cream sandwich, crackers and cheese. I was craving chocolate and salt. Sound familiar to anyone?

As I've gotten older, this stuff has gotten worse. The cravings and mood swings have gotten stronger, and I keep hoping that as I lose weight, these things will fade somewhat. I hope my wishes aren't disillusioned though.

Last night I resisted beer at the bar, and food, too. I SO badly wanted to order some deep fried pickles. I've never tried these before. Last night it just sounded good. But I resisted. Sometimes it just seems so easy to give up.

Today - I indulged in one piece of Russell Stover Chocolate. Big Whoop. It's 6pm and I still have 11 points left for dinner. Dinner's going to be at a bar for a meeting - but I can safely order a veggie burger or a salad and a diet coke and do just fine.

The point is, temptation is where I always fall short in my struggle to get healthy. I do well for a few weeks, and my hormones get in the way. I'm an emotional eater sometimes. Sometimes I eat because I'm bored. Sometimes I just eat because I happen to like food.

But so far, i'm making good choices, and I need to realize that one bad choice once in awhile is no excuse to give up. I'm doing good. I'm getting stronger. Chris has mentioned twice this week how much more energy I seem to have already.

I just need to keep on going!

No comments: