Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Good and The Bad

I guess i'll start with the bad here, so I can end on the good!

I had grand plans to go to the gym this morning. I went to bed at 10pm, set my alarm for 5:20, had my gym clothes ON, my ipod, shoes, glasses and water bottle set out and ready to go. And this morning at 5:20 am? I reset my alarm for 7 am. I guess i'll be going tonight instead!

I can say that the good part is the reason for the bad though!

I have a new cousin! And my phone started ringing off the hook at home, and the text messages were flying from 11pm - 1am. My youngest uncle who is only four years older than me (he's younger than Chris!), and his wife Bridget had their second child last night. Their first will be two in July (Eddie). So they really are going to have their hands full!

The reason our phone rang off the hook is that everybody in the family (my aunt, my grandma, my brother and my uncle) all wanted us to know that they named him William Henry - after my Dad! At first it made me a little upset. Chris and I have talked a lot about naming a son William someday. My Dad sure has been a big influence in my life. But they sure did beat us to it! And I'm really really happy that my Dad has this honor. My uncle actually texted me to say that he hoped I wasn't mad at him for the name. I couldn't be happier though!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Name Stealer! I'm never sure if keeping names under lock and key will protect or promote peoples abilities to steal your names...remember Shayla from SATC? I had that in the front of my mind our entire pregnancy! And now, for no reason whatsoever SERIOUSLY, we have a short list of 3 fantastic girl names :) And no, I'm not going to tell you.

Have fun at the gym tonight, New Second Cousin (is that what they are to you???)!

Nikki said...

Oh no, they are first cousins. Matt is my uncle, but only four years older.

Chris and I have a list of names, too, mostly by my own game that we play on road trips - but i won't be sharing either!