Monday, April 7, 2008

Cleveland LOVES Don Henley

We had a really really fun weekend in Cleveland. And to qualify my headline (my husband will be proud!), we heard Don Henley/The Eagles all over the place up there. After a long drive up there Friday night, we went to bed around midnight, only about 45 minutes after we arrived.

Saturday morning, I had to be up to be at a 9am photo shoot about 45 minutes from my friends' house, where we were staying. I was quite a nervous wreck about the whole thing, and didn't sleep really well. I worried for nothing, because it all went really well, and I was back to our friends' house by noon.

We left for lunching at the Willoughby Brewing Company. It was excellent. Kelly and I split a portobella wrap and fries, and our boys each got their own personal heart attacks on a plate. Afterwards we went bowling. We had a blast. I realize I am totally immature by starting this, but it sure made the day fun. We started the "that's what she said" game. By the end of the second game of bowling, my sides hurt from laughing. It's way too easy when you're bowling especially. For example, Frank said "man, I just can't seem to find the right spot with this ball." THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Okay, maybe it was funnier if you were there!

We also went out to dinner that evening, and I fared well with king crab legs and a salad. Then came dessert. And Chris refused to share his. Yes, they were that good. So I ordered my own and made everyone share it with me. For the record - it was one of the best cheesecakes i've ever had.

Sunday we drove back early, so Chris and I could both attend separate evening engagements that I won't even go into.

Today though? I'm in my points range. I walked the dog tonight, and i'm heading to the gym. I'm going to the grocery store afterwards to stock up on some food for the week. I'm going to have a great week. I can feel it!

On another note: I found out that Chris is apparently reading this blog from time to time. But I bet he's too shy to say hello!

No comments: