Monday, March 3, 2008

Turning a bad day into a GOOD day!

The day started out really bad, but it ended really good!

I stayed on track today (except for that thin mint I snuck before the gym - darn those girl scout cookies in my freezer!). I took the dog for a 30 minute walk this morning. I drank my water and planned my meals and my snacks for today. I even got up and made myself eggbeaters and toast for breakfast. I brought my yummy veggie lasagna a banana and a few pretzel sticks for lunch - and I ate outside with my friends Christine and Kate, even though it was only 20 minutes, that fresh air did me worlds of good!! I brought yogurt, fiber one cereal and fresh blueberries for a snack. It's my new favorite!

For dinner, Chris and I had MahiMahi, roasted potatoes (i only ate a couple of pieces), and salads. I went to the gym and did another 40 minutes on the arc trainer. I skipped weights tonight because it's my day to do upper body, and my neck/shoulder is STILL bothering me a bit (I pulled something from coughing when I was sick - but it's WAY better than it has been).

I got to talk with my friend Kelly, whom I just adore, for about 40 minutes after I went to the gym. We have been friends since the second grade. We backpacked through Europe together for a month after college. We've been in each other's weddings. We've been through bad relationships together. We've had lots of crazy adventures together over the years, and managed to stay pretty close through it all. And Chris and I are going to see her and her husband Frank this weekend in Cleveland. I'm VERY excited (although, I have to admit, we're going up there because I have to art direct a photo shoot on Sunday - work is really killing me. Truly).

My Mom and Dad are home from a vacation to Belize. I have missed talking to them!

Chris just found out he got a 96% on his midterm for school (hello making that tuition i'm paying worth it!).

Looking back on it all - it really has been a GOOD day!

1 comment:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Awww I'm so glad you had a good day! If only all days could be that good. (And I share your frustration with the Girl Scout cookies. I've got a box of shortbreads staring me down right now.)