Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back on track...well, mostly!

I did really well yesterday, and I feel back on track. I made good choices. I had lunch out with a vendor and two coworkers yesterday, and I chose the vegetarian special on the menu, which was quite tasty. It had a Korean flare to it. Lots of veggies, pan-fried tofu, cellophane noodles. It was yummy.

For dinner I made turkey burgers and salad. And I had a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. I made them on Saturday and didn't even try one before I gave all but 5 of them away. Chris ate the other four we kept.

This morning, I got up and went to the gym. I totally rocked the elliptical for 30 minutes, and I have plans to do pilates tonight. The gym was really really humid this morning. I don't know what it was. But I skipped out on weights, and figured i'd work my abs tonight instead. On the way home from the gym, I stopped at the store to pick up a few things to pack lunches this week. Chris made some really good coffee this morning, so i've had that. But I did also have a handful of jelly beans. I should have just had a real breakfast. I'm not hungry right now, but I am looking forward to lunch with my cousins Jerry and Joe where I plan to have a hummus, veggie and smoked gouda sandwich with fruit salad. I LOVE this coffee shop that we're meeting at. There are lots of healthy options for eating!

Tonight I'm having dinner out with my friend/former boss, Andrea. At an Irish Pub. I have to choose wisely! Their menu doesn't look to healthy - not even the salads. They have a roasted turkey sandwich that might be a wise choice, if I order it with Wheat bread instead of focaccia, and a side salad instead of fries!

2 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

What always gets me at the pub is the hard cider... It's hard for me to say no to "just one more point" and then I end up face first in a plate of fish and chips.

Nikki said...

Ha. It was tempting. Especially when that's what my friend ordered, and the beer was SO good.

Fried pickles though - so hard to resist!