Monday, March 24, 2008

It's going to be a GOOD week!

I have decided that this week is going to be a good one. I stepped on the scale this morning and lost a pound! That's the first pound i've lost in a month, and i'm not quite sure how I did it, but I'll take it.

Last week wasn't as good as I'd hoped, and I just didn't want to blog about it and inflict any more of my own depressed self onto this blog. I'm sure what it came down to is that I didn't have TIME for anything. No time for the gym (I didn't go even once), and no time to eat. But when I did eat, I made fairly wise choices (except for yesterday - my easter dinner was a plate of macaroni and cheese and baked beans - and raspberry cheesecake for dessert - whoops!).

I slept in this morning for a work day. And I AM going home on time. My grandfather pointed something out to me this weekend about my job - mainly that if I keep killing myself working, they may never hire the replacement for my boss, because i'm getting the work of two people done all on my own. And he's right. I spoke up for myself last week to my boss and told him I couldn't get a project done in the timeline needed. I really hope he comes through for me on pushing back on the client because they have dragged their feet on the project for almost a year, and now want me to have the project designed and finished within a month - and have only given me part of the info I need.

*sigh*

Such is my life these days.

I am working hard today and this week. I am going to the gym. Chris and I are working hard at combining our money and paying down debt, and we're doing pretty well so far. It's going to be a GOOD week!

1 comment:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I'm doing the same thing this week. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!