Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekly Recap

I did very well last week, I think.

I didn't manage much time for exercise at the gym, but I did take at least one walk (sometimes two) with the dog every day. I made it to the gym once. And though I had the time yesterday to go to the gym, I was (and still am) very sore from the yardwork I did on saturday for about 3 and a half hours.

I was trying really hard to approach this differently. I don't want to count every little thing I put into my mouth. I'm trying to make good choices about what i'm putting in my mouth. I want to realize when I'm actually HUNGRY, and not just bored, tired or stressed out. I think I did a pretty good job of that.

Saturday, we went to a family party where my uncle grilled burgers and "tube meat." I gave up beef several months ago, and found the other choices too fattening. So I had a huge salad, some baked beans and potato salad. Before dinner while everyone else was filling up on chips, dips, cookies and brownies, I had a small rice krispy treat and two hand fulls of carrots. And then a very small brownie after dinner.

Yesterday we had dinner at my Grandma's. She's a fantastic cook. We had grilled pork tenderloin, asparagus, salad, rolls and (my favorite) mashed potatoes. I only ate until I was full and I stopped. I didn't go back for seconds on the potatoes, and I passed up the cheesecake for dessert. It was still a big and dense meal.

When I weighed in this morning, I had lost two pounds for the week. And I'm VERY satisfied with that!

On tap for this week's goals:

Drink more water!
Strategize eating for this weekend's street party and Thursday's happy hour

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah Nikki! It sounds like you made some great choices this weekend. I too am trying not to count food, but eat until satisfied. It is difficult, but the more I do it, the easier it gets.