Monday, June 16, 2008

If at first you don't succeed...

Last week could have gone better with my eating. I never wrote about it here because I was pretty down on it all. I didn't make it to the gym a single time. I only got out to walk the dog twice. My eating wasn't awful, but it wasn't very good either. By the time Friday rolled around, I found myself downing a bowl of fresh guacamole and chips and drinking two powerful margaritas.

It was all stress, and i need to learn, as I've said many times before, to channel that differently. Yesterday I tried on a pair of capris that I bought last year and couldn't get them buttoned. It made me break into tears. This morning I got on the scale, and my weight is back to where it was on New Year's day. My 9 pounds is all back.

Today went really well though. I had lots of veggies - broccoli with lunch, corn and a salad with dinner. I had lots of fruit - a nectarine with breakfast, watermelon with lunch, strawberries after dinner. My only splurge was the baked cheetos after I went to the grocery store (which I didn't need in the first place).

Quinn (my dog if I haven't mentioned his name before) and I went for a nice long walk this evening after I got back from the grocery store. I spent $109 and change at Meijer tonight. I stocked up on some things and I feel set for the week. I am limiting myself to only eating out on Thursday night with my girlfriends for sushi, and Chris has agreed to stay in with me and not suggest eating out this weekend. So i'm set for some pretty interesting meals. I bought a pork tenderloin filet, and plan to make a Morrocan spice rub for it. I've got bok choy, tofu and fresh farmer's market asparagus for an amazing stir fry. I bought ground turkey and have the ingredients for fresh salsa - thank you again farmer's market - so we'll be having tacos this week.

We have dog training on the agenda for tomorrow night, but i'm slated for the gym Wednesday and Thursday nights (no sushi for me unless I promise to work out that night!).

I'm back. And I'm trying hard. And knowing that I have a network of friends out there doing the same is really helping me - thanks to all of you whose blogs keep me inspired!

No comments: