Friday, June 13, 2008

5 Things

According to Fat Bridesmaid, I’m supposed to tell you 5 things that you may not know about me.
I always have trouble with these things for some reason, but I will give it my best shot.

Thing 1: My very first job ever was at a convent. I went to a Catholic school, and the meanest old nun in the school recommended me for the job. It was the best job ever. I did my homework and answered the phones when they rang. And they hardly every rang. I sure wish that was my job now, some days. I could be writing the great American Novel or something while I worked!

Thing 2: I have only one sibling who I don't get along with very well. And I wish I did. Honestly, most times that I do spend time with him I don't like him very well. If we weren't siblings i'm sure we wouldn't be friends. And I mention this to say that I really wish that I knew how to remedy the broken relationship that we have. I really really have tried.

Thing 3: I stay in contact with people to a fault. My kindergarten best friend and I still have lunch a few times a year. My high school art teacher came to my wedding. I still email the little girls I babysat so much as a teenager. I even keep in touch with some of the people I dated before I was married. It all baffles my husband, who has three very very good friends, and just doesn't expand his social network much otherwise.

Thing 4: My favorite movie of all time is Benny and Joon. It's kind of weird and quirky and Johnny Depp is amazing in it.

Thing 5: I have never been able to do a cartwheel in my life. I'm so uncoordinated and I think that's a big reason why, but not even as a kid, in tumbling classes, could I do one.

Tagging: Jen, Shayna, Sarah, Rach

1 comment:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I can't do a cartwheel either! Never could!

Thanks for playing dude.