Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 1: Taking Care of Myself

Yesterday, as most days seem to be, was crazy for me. After work I had several errands to run, including: picking up my new glasses (yay!), picking up milk and yogurt at the grocery store, figuring out dinner (I cheated and picked up a pizza - but we haven't had pizza since December!), and going to see Chris' grandparents. I was also supposed to design letterhead and #10 envelopes for my cousin's campaign for judge and make some edits on a web site that i'm designing with my friend Lisa (my very first!).

Well I was a total task master, and got it all done except for the site edits, which I just told Lisa i'd finish up tonight. We even stopped and got ice cream to take to Chris' grandparents. And yes, I indulged in that, too.

We got home around 9, and I was all done with everything on that list in under four hours. I was very proud. So from 9pm on - was ME time.

I took the time to lay out an outfit for myself today, and iron what I wanted to wear. And I feel fantastic today just wearing something that I feel GOOD in. I have an important meeting this afternoon, so I'm ready to tackle that. I also made myself a very GOOD lunch that's high in protein and veggies.

Then I laid down and read a book for a half hour. I never get to read anymore. It was fantastic!

Small steps, I know - but every little bit helps!

1 comment:

Sally JPA said...

That sounds like a great day!