Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baby Steps (again)

My inspiration from vacation was short-lived. My transition back to work was completely brutal, and I've never been so frustrated in a working situation in my life.

I wake up most days feeling like i'm grabbing for something - but I don't know what. I can't keep a handle on work, and when I get home, I'm exhausted, and feel like i've been neglecting alot of things, including my husband, my house, and some of my friends and family.

One thing I have been doing is making an effort to take care of myself. I haven't been so good about planning my meals, but when I do eat them (and I'm really not snacking!), I am making good choices. I went to the gym Sunday and Monday night, and i am going back tonight -- i'm dressed and ready to go.

It's been a long time since i've put myself first, and i'm so fortunate that Chris has really pushed and supported that. He's picked up a lot of my slack. He's hugged me when I needed it, and he's been there to reassure me when i've woken up in a fit of tears and rage.

I'm taking it one day at a time, but trying my best to approach it while looking out for myself!

No comments: